- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 poblano pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or canned full fat coconut milk
- Juice of two limes
- Garnish options: sliced pickled jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, mango, avocado, and lime wedges
Rub chicken pieces all over with coriander, salt and white pepper. Add to slow cooker. In food processor, add cilantro, mint, onion, garlic, poblano peppers, and jalapeno pepper and blend well. Add lime juice and yogurt/coconut milk. Puree.
Pour green sauce over chicken and cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and your favorite garnish(es). Don’t underestimate the pickled jalapenos. They are wonderful! I couldn’t get enough on my plate!
You could also cube up the mango and avocado and toss with lime juice and finely diced red onion and cilantro for a spunky side salad.
Recipe by Emily Whitish at www.upcloseandedible.blogspot.com